Valuations/Successful Negotiations – Acquisitions / Divestitures Necessities Workshop
Diversify Your Career Skills
This course compliments the Valuation Essentials Course by demonstrating the practical applications
of the processes discussed in the Valuation Essentials course.
Students will learn to apply and use the Three Key Elements to Success by studying real-life
negotiations and role-playing in an acquisition.
• Using seller’s numbers for negotiating and structuring the deal points
• Building negotiating strategies
• Example projects such as the acquisition of drilling prospects, production with development and leasehold costs between $5,000,000 to $100,000,000
• Understanding and navigating reserve reports using the valuation process shown in the Valuation Essentials course
• Three real-life examples of negotiations using the Three Principles of “Justification”, “Desire”, and “Perception”
• The student will act as the Buyer in a negotiation of a leasehold acquisition with a CAPEX need for development (sale parameters are provided)
The course writer and instructor:
We are trusted by Industry Leaders
The Petroleum Landman School in ran by seasoned veterans of the industry, and our courses are backed by leading companies.
But let's hear what actual graduates have to say:
After finishing your class in August and now it being the first of October, I actually got a job last week working full time for a landman in Santa Fe handling federal leases. I will tell you that they say what I learned in your class puts me ahead of the game so it was time and money well spent.
Thank you for the truly informative course held last September.
I have completed my first year as an in-house landman for a petroleum company and can’t imagine how I could have achieved it without your excellent tutelage.
- 13 Course Contact Hours
- Available for Six Months