Right-of-Way Route Selection Workshop
Diversify Your Career Skills
This workshop is designed to teach the student to actually select a route on an approximately 7-mile
pipeline project in Texas. All discussion is based on Texas, but can be applied to other states, including
those with property descriptions using the Rectangle Survey System. Route selection is based on a
collaborative effort by all the disciplines working on a project.
This Workshop is an advanced Right of Way Route Selection designed for experienced individuals or
Project Managers and Team Leaders.
• Preliminary Reconnaissance
• Create a Route Map for proposed Right of Way
• Pipeline and other Utility Crossings
• Existing Rights-of-Ways
• Locations for Facilities
• Mapping Ownership, Road & Aerial maps
• Visual Inspection of the Terrain
• Road, Railroad and Waterway crossings
• Visible Obstructions to construction
• County Appraisal District or County Tax Assessor office
• Routing issues in Congested areas
• Using Google Earth Program
• Right of Entry for Survey
The course writer and instructor:
We are trusted by Industry Leaders
The Petroleum Landman School in ran by seasoned veterans of the industry, and our courses are backed by leading companies.
But let's hear what actual graduates have to say:
After finishing your class in August and now it being the first of October, I actually got a job last week working full time for a landman in Santa Fe handling federal leases. I will tell you that they say what I learned in your class puts me ahead of the game so it was time and money well spent.
Thank you for the truly informative course held last September.
I have completed my first year as an in-house landman for a petroleum company and can’t imagine how I could have achieved it without your excellent tutelage.
- Testing, Homework, and Workshops
- 8 Course Contact Hours
- Available for Six Months